Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9 Months

Annabelle turned 9 months old on Sunday. She's doing really well with everything still. No new teeth (thank God) and I hope there is a little break for the next one. She got her first tooth on Memorial Day & by Labor Day had a total of 6 teeth. I haven't weighed or measured Annabelle recently so I don't know those stats. I'd guess she's probably about 18lbs, 28" long or close to it.

I was told by Michelle (she watches her while I'm at work) that Annabelle is changing looks. I agreed with her because I think so too. I should've asked for details on what she meant. I think she's looking more like a toddler, less like a baby but still exactly like her daddy. She might've meant that she was starting to look like me -- but I doubt that. lol I posted a picture recently of Annabelle's eyes to get opinions on what color they are. Most answers included GREEN. I got one where she said they are greenish-gray, one saying hazel, but the others classified her eyes as green. I don't feel like they are green but I have high hopes! Their comments just made me happy that at least something of mine will show in my child. lol

Annbelle sounds hoarse now. She woke up yesterday sounding like she has a frog in her throat. Not really sure why or how or anything. She is otherwise fine. She's playing hard & is a happy baby. I hope that her raspiness doesn't lead to something else. Her next doctor appointment is October 2nd for a checkup. I'm going to discuss the flu shots with him to see what he says about it. I'm sure he'll recommend the regular flu shot but I'm curious about the H1N1 shot. It scares me.

I was sitting on the floor last night with her. She climbed up on my knee, stood up, and then let go. She stood by herself for probably close to a minute before getting tired & sitting back down. I was telling her how big of a girl she was for standing by herself & she just smiled from ear to ear. I could tell she was proud of her accomplishment. Just thinking about it makes me want to squeeze her & give her butterfly kisses. (which she hates, btw)

I took her to Pond Creek Baptist on Sunday morning for their Homecoming. I hadn't been there for nearly a decade. There were a few new faces but I recognized most of them. The guy who bought the home I grew up in was there with his family. He & his wife has a little boy 1 day older than Annabelle, and also a 3 year old little girl. It's kinda odd to think that there are children growing up in my old home. They're seeing it like I did (or at least similar) with a child's point of view. One may even have my old room! Anyway, nobody probably understands what I'm talking about so I'll just drop it. lol

I have a wonderful praise for a dear friend! I just heard news about it today that something that I've been praying for has indeed happened. Without going into details about it, I just wanted to express my thankfulness over the whole situation.

For those of you who don't know, I've been attending New Life Baptist Church lately since it's so close to my home. It is more convenient with time schedules & being a mile from the house. Anyway, it is a wonderful small church that has a fire in it. It is really helping me & I'm thankful that I finally started attending there. I think I'm even going to join...if they'll have me. :)

My FIL (Jeff) won our NASCAR game last week - or at least the first part of it - and is getting enough money from it to buy Annabelle a swingset. I was just teasing when I said that anyone who wins money has to buy a swingset for her but I believe he's taking me seriously. (Right, Jeff?) She will be tickled with it as she ages. That's just a great toy that will last for a long time. Plus, she's finally loving swinging on the swingset where she hated it when she was younger. I used to love swingsets when I was a child. But, I always had the cheap metal ones that would come off the ground when I swung too high. LOL I think it was my objective to see how far I could make it jump off the ground.

Well, I think I wrote enough of a novel so I I'll stop. :)

No comments: