Friday, August 1, 2008

18 Week Update

We're now at 18 weeks along! A whole 3 more weeks until we find out what we're having - the wait is killing me! I really hope that the baby will cooperate & flash us during that ultrasound! LOL

I'm doing really well. My back feels better after the chiropractor visit. The only problems I have now are some stomach cramping (which is very normal! They're growing pains) and lack of sleep. I'm still not showing as much as some other people are at this stage, but I have a bit of a belly. I'm still working on the photos - I just keep forgetting!

I decided to use my doppler the other night (for those who don't know, it's a device that allows you to hear the baby's heartbeat). I found the heartbeat right away - it was still at 145bpm (once again, very normal!) and it was a very strong beat, too. The baby is right at my belly button and stayed in that place for a good five minutes. Our dog Tyson became curious, though, so I pointed the speaker to his ears so he could hear better - which TOTALLY freaked him out. He jumped off the bed for cover which in turn scared the baby. LOL The baby then kicked the doppler and moved to another spot cause I lost the heartbeat sound at that moment & couldn't get it back. It was so hilarious! I guess our kid already has a temper and HATES the doppler.

That's about all the updates this week. We've been pretty lazy with our house this week since I'm so exhausted and Jas was having some high blood pressure. I think we're going to brave having a yard sale tomorrow to clear out some stuff in our house. Ugh! We should be able to put the house on the market in a few weeks though. The thought of moving scares me to death. I HATE moving!

Anyway, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We ask that you continue doing so! Only 5 more months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: